Tuesday, April 22, 2014

How to deal with your boyfriend's ex-wife

It has been an amazing experience to deal with your boyfriend's exes especially if they have been married once before they met you. I could really tell how it feels because I was once there, too. Well, ladies, I really know how sad it is to be in that kind of situation where their exes are trying to know your identity since it is like their curiosity who will be the lucky girl to replace their throne in their man's hearts that was once theirs. Based from my own experience, my boyfriend and his ex-wife got divorced. Since they split because of some personal reasons, I came to his life and now his current girlfriend. Then, his ex will try to know me and where I came from in different ways such as Facebook, Google (since I have records there), and so on in the latter. I know this happened to you, too.


So, the question here is how to deal with this kind of situation. Personally, I just encountered it once and it really feels so odd. But, somehow I am able to counteract the negativity of the case through some mind techniques.

1. Trust your boyfriend.
This is the most important thing every girlfriend should know. Anyone has their awkward pasts and these have become the journey to the present --- with you. Well, they split so there is really reason why they did and we all know this is not good which they both find unpleasant. Since your boyfriend got you now, all you need to do is to trust him in every way.


2. Their exes are just being curious about you.
Since they were once your boyfriend's past, as his present girlfriend, it is your responsibility to at least accept them and acknowledge their presence since this is sort of channel to understand your boyfriend in terms of how his feelings are developed into a more stable and more mature towards loving. You came to his life and he loves you and so with his attention is with you all around. So, it is a normal psycho of their exes to be curious about your identity. Perhaps, inside them is like asking, "How did my ex-bf chose her?", "Is she like me somehow?" Questions like that maybe popping out of their heads that made them so curious about you and to how you guys met.

3. It's normal to get jealous but do not exaggerate. 
It's a normal thing for girls to get jealous especially if this encounter is in person. You may get the chance to see them talking and really have their own language in conversations that you may not be able to understand. Well, ladies, it's normal to get jealous since your bf is having a chat with his ex, but just think that he is just being nice towards her, so no need to get jealous. It's normal, yeah, but it's not if it is exaggerated. So, if you think you are, then stop it or else you'll just ruin your relationship.

4. Prayers.
This is really one of the most powerful tool against this kind of temptation because this particular encounter is like a sort of a test of how reactive you are to this unpleasant or uncomfortable situation between you as his present and her (them, if there are a lot like in my case) as his past. So, what I did is just to let it out and pray. Of course, it's normal to cry especially if that is your first time, but as I said, do not overreact. Pray to God that you need his wisdom to cope with this situation. It is really a powerful tool to use. I used it myself, and so far, it's really that effective. It gave me an awesome peace in my heart right now.


5. Share to someone you trust (who really knows you both).
In my case, I can share these things to my mother since she is mature enough to listen to what I feel. Objectively, she gave me comments on how I reacted and she also comforted me but without biases that I am her daughter. She gave comments objectively as to how she sees the situation logically. It helped me really on how I am able to cope with this bad feeling consequence to the encounter with my boyfriend with her ex-wife. Now, I'm relaxed and at peace.


Author's Notes:
We all have different experiences, but with these simple thoughts that I have here are one of the most important things you can use as your shield to prevent from ruining your relationship with your boyfriend. I understand that our hormones that create emotional instability or too much illogical thoughts could really affect our logical thinking. Swear, academic intelligence is not a help here. I could say that. Not to boast, I have a lot of A's in my class records but in this case, as a first-timer, I really didn't know what to do and what I shouldn't do. I became so dumb and stupid. So, all ladies, what I experience is really a help for me to develop more mature thinking. Thus, I encourage everyone to do the same. Whatever your means are, the main goal here is, WE SHOULD NOT RUIN OUR RELATIONSHIP JUST BECAUSE WE ARE BEING DUMB BITCH!



Always goal for the best, ladies! Don't let bad things ruin your awesome beauty! Remember, you are far better than his ex/exes because he chose YOU! 

Tschüss! 


 **I don't own most of the photos thus, I deem acknowledge the owners of the photos used in this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment