Friday, August 15, 2014

Hopeful of the Wedding Celebration's Success

Today, I am just here taking care of my aunt who has been sick for four days now. Everyone: my cousins, my aunts, my uncles, even my mother and sister were there in the grand celebration. Everyone's wishing for the wedding's success. God bless them.

As much as I wanted to go and enjoy with them, I can't. I have a big responsibility to make. And that is to take care of my aunt,who was once my yaya, tutor, the second mother.

Years back, when I was still around 6-month old baby, she had been there taking care of me. Though, I don't have any idea of her existence during those crucial times, she witnessed the most memorable events where I first learned things this world has prepared for me. My talents were exhibited during those early years, and also the possibility to be honorable and admirable through excellence in academics, were once taught by her. I first touched my favorite instrument, guitar, was inspired from her when she brought her guitar whenever she visited, during her schedule, which was then during the weekdays. During the weekends, on the other hand, she'll be staying in Mama Inday's house, the second eldest sister (since there are four of them including my mom and Madel). I first sang my first song when she brought a lot of music and song books and sang out loud, though I can't speak. Loud murmurs were surrounding the house the entire day. Neither did I realize, how huge her impact is to my life.

She was 30 years old when she took most of her time with me in 1992. When my mom and dad goes to work, she then acted as my second parent. I should like a foster parent. From the early morning until night time, she never failed monitoring my progress from school and even my social activities (going out with friends, touring around the hills and, several houses, not including my desperate and stupid behavior way back. Hehe). When I get sick, she just immediately respond without complains since phones at home were not yet existing during those times unlike today. In my academics, she became my awesome and strict tutor. She never wanted me to fail in all subject areas and did her best shot to teach me though she's not an education major. I could remember her scribbling, doodling a lot to make a sample test paper where I could practice at home and master the lessons for the next day's quiz or any classroom activities. She even slept so late at night just to finish them so I could study by the next day after my class. Apart from being my home teacher, she's also the cook in the house. She cooks every meal of the day. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I could clearly remember those times when she was still strong and healthy.

However, right now, she's now suffering from the complications of her diabetes. From her eyes, down to internal organs, slowly, she's starting to feel a lot of pains in her body. So, that is why, I am here with her. I chose to be with her than attend to my cousin's wedding. No matter how much I wanted to be with them and enjoy, I can' dare myself enjoying and be merry while Madel is suffering from her sickness.

While I'm here, right now, I just wish them the wedding ceremony's success. God bless them'

2 comments:

  1. I Love these blogs
    It has such a unique remarkable taste within each one.
    God bless you,
    Please, if you can respond to this, teach me how to create a blog. I look forward to it.

    P.S I write alot.
    I LOVE God, life is the best gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Isaiah! Thanks for reading my post. Just let your mind feel free. That's what it is in blogging. In order to create, good articles, consider how would your readers see it. God blesd you!

    ReplyDelete