Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Perfect Beauty: Women's New Approach

Barbie. A fashion doll, manufactured and made famous by Mattel, Inc. in 1959. Since then, it has become the most sold out dolls and considered the one of the most influential in accord to the standards of beauty. It was inspired by a German doll named Bild Lilli, when Ruth Handler, an American businesswoman and also, the creator, seen this doll during their trip in Europe in 1956.

Inspired by Barbie is the concept of perfection. How a beautiful woman should look like.

Perfection. According to 3ders.org, the body proportions of Barbie has been highly criticized for its unrealistic body measurements. Compared to the natural woman's body measurements, the size is really so thin. Come to think of it, who could any woman out there normally has this body size:

Barbie's Vital Statistics: 
Waist: 18"
Hips: 33"
Bust: 36"

Normal Woman's Vital Statistics (based from the measurements of an average woman):
Waist: 31"
Hips: 33"
Bust: 32"

Based from the above body statistics, normally, any woman will be dreaming to have the exact body to what Barbie has. Perhaps, it is any woman's dream. I admit, I'm dreaming I will be slim and look more beautiful like her. And one of those women who is well-known for her persistence to be the real life Barbie is Valeria Lukyanova, 28 years old, a Moldovan-Ukranian model.

Lukyanova is considered one of the highly criticized and most controversial in the modern standards of beauty. It questions how perfect beauty should be appreciated and seen to every woman. With this thought,  she even criticized the degeneration of beauty of the globe nowadays as compared to the 50s and 60s because of too much interracial marriages that are concurrently existing, in which from the past decades, there were lesser interracial relationships that happened than today. She has undergone a lot of plastic surgeries just to achieve the body like Barbie's. Stupid may it sounds, but that's what she did.
 Source of these photos: Google images

Right now, she doesn't eat nor drink something, not even water. I wonder how she does that. She said to interviews that she believes that she can live with just light and air. However, for normal woman's thinking, this is a concrete-example of how anorexia works.

The point here is, current trend of perfection and the thought of how "being beautiful" should be seen among society has really been dismantled. A lot thought that being beautiful is to suffer hunger just to maintain the body they wanted. A lot of women out there, including me, has grown to the thought that being beautiful is seen when you have the 36-24-36 body statistics. Hence, a lot of women who wish to lose weight and strive to be beautiful has done a lot of painful plastic surgeries and even so, painful and extreme hard core body exercises because of being scared to be humiliated by society since they show off what an outcast looks like. To fit in the society, these clear acts of beauty perfections have been prevalent nowadays. 

I really admire those people who are capable to show off what their body has got whether they are slim, fat, chubby or naturally thin. These people are able to show off the confidence that any woman should have amidst the imperfections they've got.
Source of these photos: Google images
 
This is the natural beauty that we should show off. Not those by-products of plastic surgeries and/or cosmetology. I do admit, I have my insecurities. I am chubby. I have 36-32-39 body statistics. It's big, yeah I know. But one's thing for sure, I love how I look like. This is what God has given me. No matter what I do, this has been my body. Yet, this won't prevent me from wearing what I want to wear. That's the most important. Above all, I am loved.

I pity those women out there who suffer the disease of beauty perfection. For me, the deepest reason why they have such act towards their body is that, they have never realized how beautiful they are. With that, they thought that by being touched by injections and all those scary stuff, they will be beautiful. Yeah, they will, but it won't be forever.

Author's Notes:
I have done a lot of starvation from the past just to maintain the body I wanted years ago. I did a lot of painful exercises just to reach the desired goal. But none of these have been that effective to me. Instead, they made me more depressed. After many days, of not doing these things, I realized that I gained a bit weight but I don't care. What matters most to me are my dreams and that a lot of people are unconditionally loving and accepting me regardless of the body that I will be having.  Thus, there's no need to be insecure. Rather, accept what I have right now and thank God for giving me this kind of body and beauty that is rare. 

**I deem acknowledge the owners of the photo used in this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment