Saturday, June 21, 2014

Depression: A profound experience

Depression comes differently from each person. It differs with symptoms and occurrences depending upon the condition of the person. It is being often referred to describe to any form of sadness or hormonal changes. But, seriously, depression is severe than anyone could ever thought of. It cannot be dictated. It just comes due to several emotional breakdown experiences brought by inevitable circumstances. No one is safe even those persons with high intellect and wisdom. If it comes, it slowly damage you.

According to WikiHow.com, these are the common symptoms of depression:
  1. Severe crying -- getting upset even just for the little things  or problems
  2. Feeling hopelessness -- including being harsh to one's self
  3. Feeling guilty -- resulting from over-thinking to what the others have said
  4. Feeling upset for no reason -- "I don't know why I am sad. I just feel it."
  5. Suffering from insomnia -- can't sleep properly at night or even disturbed 
  6. Oversleeping -- still sleepy even though she has 8 hours sleep already
  7. Cannot concentrate -- She cannot focus properly to things she usually does
  8. High irritability -- Low tolerance to problems 
Helpguide.org also added some symptoms commonly spotted to those persons who suffer from depression or clinical depression which include:
  1. Feeling hopeless and helplessness 
  2. Cannot concentrate properly to previous tasks
  3. Cannot control negative thoughts, no matter how much one could try
  4. Appetite changes either binge eating or the other way around
  5. Much more irritable, short-tempered and aggressive more than usual
  6. Consuming more alcoholic drinks or doing such reckless behavior more than usual
  7. Having thoughts of ending one's life (this is more serious)
  8. Loss of interests to daily activities
  9. Loss of energy to do things
  10. Unexplained pains in the body -- this includes the back pains, stomach pains, and aching muscles 
Other than these terms, there are even worst situations just like relating depression and suicide. There are people who are unable to turn to people nor didn't made efforts to restore their selves may be able to think of ending their lives. Suicide. Hereunder are the enlisted symptoms of persons who are at risk of committing suicide which has to be noted properly and has to be taken seriously (Helpguide.org) :
  1. Starting to talk about killing or harming one's self
  2. Expressing strong feelings of hopelessness or being trapped 
  3. An unusual preoccupation with death and dying
  4. Acting recklessly, e.g. speeding through red lights
  5. Calling or visiting people to say goodbye
  6. Getting affairs in order (e.g. giving away important stuffs)
  7. Saying things like "It's really better if life is off me" or "It's really best when I am not around here"
  8. A sudden switch from being extremely depressed to calm and happy
One has several reasons why they are getting depressed. According to the same site, I just read, there are the most common reasons why people tend to get depressed or even worse, choosing to end their lives:
  1. Loneliness
  2. Lack of social support
  3. Recent stressful life experiences
  4. Family history of depression
  5. Marital or relationship problems
  6. Financial strain
  7. Early childhood abuse or trauma
  8. Alcohol or drug abuse
  9. Unemployment or underemployment
  10. Health problems or chronic pain 
These are just among of the things commonly spotted to persons who are really in depression phase in accord to the two sites I just read. Hope this helps.

Author's Notes:
The reason why I blog this is for my own purpose. As such, I intentionally read two sites regarding the common notions about depression and how depression is really defined in medical terms. Aside from that, I also read several articles about counteracting to depression which will be for the next blog. Yes, this blog is for me to really answer my questions I have in mind. To inform you, I have all the symptoms of depression and some in suicide. But, I should say in the suicide part, it's only half of it, I shall say. Only the lightest parts. But the rest of the depression symptoms indicated here are all manifested in my behavior.

Thus, this blog is a sort of hitting of two birds with one stone since I am hitting two groups of people who are nearly vulnerable and relative to this phase of life. First, I am informing people who are able to read this blog and second, to inform myself of my condition. From this blog, I just realized that I am not in the most exciting part of my life, and even nearly a deadly one. I am really depressed.

If you are going to ask me why, just look at the part where I stated the possible reasons of depression. You can read them there.

It's been weeks when I experience this one. Now, it's getting more aggressive than the usual occurrence. Just yesterday, I just drank 13 pills. How could any normal woman ever think of taking so much meds in one day? You can just think of two things. Maybe she's insane or maybe she's DEPRESSED.

Depression for me, is a profound experience. Help me. Pray for me. Hope I can handle this. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment