Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Too much pride, ego, and sensitivity: Time to let go

Since I was a kid, I have been trained to be the greatest among others. From the way I speak, I act, I do things, everything. I should be the best. I should be the topnotch in class, the best, the highest scorer, etc. That's the truth that I have grew up with. Neither did I know that there are so much values that I less considered and less valued which are rather more important than the truths that I knew.

But, what is the most intriguing part is that why I have to learn these things the hardest way?
Is it naturally like that? 
I even asked my self, why do I have to experience the extremes of life? 
I mean, why do I have to allow myself immersed to the idea that I am already set to undergo so much pain and sufferings in life? 
Do I have really the chances to have a good life and a comfortable and a satisfying life? 
After all, God has given me so much blessings like intelligence, wisdom, dignity, integrity, etc. that any person does have. 

But the greatest question there is
WHY?
WHY THESE THINGS ARE HAPPENING TO ME AND TO MY LIFE?

According to nosuffering.com, pain is inevitable. Therefore, pain is everywhere. We cannot avoid it no matter what we do. It's there. It's given. Thus, all we have to do is how to deal with it.

Pain is a concrete evidence that one is alive. Since it is inevitable as defined, thus, it means that as humans, to be able to conquer it, we should be able to adjust to it and to accept the emotions along with it. It's painful, disappointing, etc. Yes, it is. But, we cannot fully overpass it if we continue living with it and be depressed with it. But, rather, it's the best thing if we use pain to motivate change. Pain is one of the most terrifying teachers to seek change in our lives but definitely, it is the most worthy. Why?

1. We can achieve joy, happiness and fulfillment in life.
As my boyfriend had told me last night as per discussion with the current struggles we are facing right now with our respective problems, he reminded me that it's better to experience difficulties in life rather than having life where we can get something we cant so easily or even pressuring our parents just to get what we want. We never know in the future, we will have the family bankruptcy and sickening economic depression of the family's finances, these people cannot just easily overcome these kinds of challenges compared to those people who are able to experience these beforehand.

2. We can experience peace towards everything, almost everything. 
Since we have already had struggled lives before, achieving success is the most determined goal. Thus, when we are able to achieve it, it's the most exciting and the most interesting part of our lives then. We could feel the comfort and the peace of everything we do both happy times and bad times since we are already trained to deal with the most unwanted roads of life such as distress, sufferings, troubles, etc.

3. We can experience God's powers and mightiness in these times.
We cannot find God if we are not able to see how painful life is without Him. I can say I am not a religious woman but I can say I have my faith with Him. Although I am still shaky with my faith, but having a single percent of it makes a difference. At least, I am being honest with Him rather than facing Him as if I have no flaws and glitches done in my life. During my downfall, aside from my boyfriend who has been my constant companion since then, He is also there to listen and to scream with although I can't see Him. But He is there, listening to me. All time. With that, I can say, one cannot seek Him and see Him if one cannot be in the most distressful events of his life.

4. We can be grateful that we are still alive. 
Pain is again an inevitable emotion and abstract feeling opposite to peace and happiness. But, pain is just a reminder that we are living and continuing the life's obstacles today, and in the future.

In my case, because of these experiences that I am facing today, I realized that it's time for me to learn how to be humble and to decrease the pride, and ego, and too much considerate with what other people are thinking about me. Because as the common adage says, "Too much is bad for anyone who does it." 

References:
http://www.nosuffering.com/nosuffering/explain.shtml
http://www.everystudent.com/journeys/why.html

No comments:

Post a Comment