Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Things to know more about patience

It has been several months since I was starting to be more conscious about being more patient in everything I do. From washing plates, to cleaning the house, to finding a job, to everything anyone can imagine. In my daily routine, it has been the most abstract among the thousands that I should be learning repetitively. I am aware of God's existence everywhere. And I know that He is really present in ever places I could think of. He is there just listening, watching me as I do even the negative things I do whenever I am alone. But, He is indeed playful. He wanted me to learn things differently, in a creative way, I should say. However, it was quite a challenge.

Just today, when I opened Facebook, it was quite a surprise that the first notification that I receive from my friends are telling about how a man describes his feelings towards his girlfriend. Actually, they are both my friends, schoolmates in college. I saw this post on my wall.


From the moment I saw his post in my wall, I was amused with the thought that guys are indeed sentimental in nature. Thus, it tells me that although my boyfriend is not a showy type of lover, but he loves that deeply to me.

Second thing was the next notification. It was about devotion. I clicked it and tried to sneak out and see what was posted. Then, it really made me surprise to see this.


I am not alone. Our own fears and insecurities can make us feel that we are beyond help, beyond hope. Relevant may it seems to what is on-going to my life now. But definitely, this made my day. For real. This little things that I have seen are all considered "little miracles". They may be little to hear but they created a big spark in my life today. These little miracles are making my "How-to-be-Patient Lessons" are having its big outcomes.

Even yesterday, a lot was done. A lot of happy things all happened yesterday at once. It was totally superb! So, from the moment I opened myself to learn more about patience. Indeed, it was worthy. Yet, I have to learn more of them step-by-step the hardest way. I don't know why God put me to such tests, but I guess He's really being playful quite a bit. Of all these things that happened to me now, all I can do is just to laugh and to smile to a lot of challenges that happened to me this time. However, I can summarize them this way.

1. Patience requires waiting. So much waiting. 
Since waiting is really Patience's best buddy, if you wish to learn more about being patient, you also need to wait longer, longer, longer until what you have been asking, praying for will be noticed, or guaranteed. Once you ask something or working for something, just accept that it doesn't happen overnight or just a single snap. No.

2. Patience is also about observing "little miracles" around you. 
While waiting for such thing you really wanted to achieve in your life, instead of being stupid and murmur and act like a kid, doing tantrums. So better act like a man/woman, a mature one. How will it be done then? Well, instead of using emotions to go around with your decisions to make your everyday life/routine, better use your God-given wisdom to let you see how beautiful life is through observing "little miracles". They are just so little to be observed and are often neglected.

I have been saying and repeating "Little miracles" all throughout this blog, but what I mean with this is that all things that are happening to you in every minute that seem so natural, boring, so little, etc.

Let's take this scenario as an example: 
"You're tasked to make a lot of work from your boss. So, you're pissed since you can't go out with your friends on a Friday night. You have a lot of work to do. So, instead of being with them and enjoy partying, you went back to your flat and continued with your work. While going back to your home, you went to a store and food shopped.  After having all what you need, you went to cashier and paid. The cashier just said, "Sir, since your items reached around P1,000, you earned a discount of P50 of the entire payment. So, you paid just P950.00 instead of P1,000."

Yeah, it sounds so little to observe and to notice. But this is how I have observed about little miracles that are going around me for several days.

3. Lastly, patience is about timing. It's God's timing. 
Everything has been sucked up and you really felt bad about them. But, indeed, God has been putting all these things in place. As the common Biblical verse saying, "There's always time for everything." You cannot control everything. But you can though, but not all. Not everything. It's just one proof that you have let Him do the rest.

I know I can conclude things written here as of now because all these things are still on an on-going process. So, I just have to pause and think for awhile and reflect that there are still things to know more about patience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment